From the Pit of an Olive

The newly found Journals of a crazy. Not the kind of crazy that has under gone a mind over matter conversion, but the kind thats just crazy.

Monday, May 29, 2006

The end to another good weekend

This was a weekend only in a technical sense, since I rarely get days off. Started off with an excellent Thursday, which I believe I've already posted about, A Friday to relax the work. this is going to be a good paycheck since I've already worked 25 hours and it's only been three days since my work week has begun. I'm starting to think I really need to cut down on my working these days. I'm probably work 60+ hours a week at my two jobs. So i think I may quit one, or just not work nearly as much, cause all work and no play makes Olives a dull boy. Though there was play on Saturday which helps. The money is really nice but I can't even figure out what to do with it all besides just save it. And I have all life to save so why should I be working my ass off right now. It's a weird fighting going on in my mind. One side says keep both jobs as they are cause you've got nothing better to do most of the time, and the other just says to relax. Not sure which one is right in this sense. Anyways back to the weekend, Saturday was friggin awesome, put me in an even better mood for the rest of this weekend, and today I spent most day with Lewis being regaled about his Japan trip, and then we hung out with Chris and Rick. AND I must tip off my hat, or touque cause thats what I wear, to Rick. He is the only person I know of that has finished the dairy challenge. It was a sight to see, though quite disgusting. (I have a picture with Rick next to the giant pile of puke). Though the goal isn't to throw up, the dairy challenge is this: 4 litres of 2 % Milk in 45 minutes. It's much harder then it seems. Also you only need to have the milk go down once. It doesn't need to stay down, so thats why Rick has completed it. Lewis tried it too but only got 3 litres through before he gave up. Though now Chris and I will be obligated to attempt it. I'm going to feel sick afterwards but it will be done. I'm off to bed now, so that will be all.

10 Comments:

At May 29, 2006 2:57 AM, Blogger jordanibanez said...

I also tip my hat to this rick fellow. As for your money problem, yeah, just give me all your money. I'm serious. I will cut you.

 
At May 29, 2006 10:40 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

As much as relaxation and fun are fabulous, as a student and someone with a lot of financial problems, hording like a dragon right now is probably a good idea. The less you have to worry about money while going to school, the happier you will be.

 
At May 29, 2006 4:13 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

you could always just cut hours back and only work a couple days a week, that way you are certain on income coming in, but you have time to play as well, and then bridges aren't burnt if u decide later to work more.

 
At May 29, 2006 5:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

picture... of puke...... ew.

 
At May 30, 2006 5:54 PM, Blogger VivaLaPinto said...

EW, 4 litres of milk! One day, if you're feeling especially devolved, you could try the dairy challenge and then try to eat forty hardboiled eggs. ten bucks says you could fill 6 litres worth of puke!

 
At May 31, 2006 4:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Though there was play on Saturday which helps."

" Saturday was friggin awesome, put me in an even better mood for the rest of this weekend"

i see it now!

 
At May 31, 2006 5:23 PM, Blogger Olives said...

See I told you. Ahh the power of subliminal messages

 
At June 01, 2006 12:45 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

tee hee

i use them too at times

 
At July 18, 2006 12:40 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Interesting site. Useful information. Bookmarked.
»

 
At July 20, 2006 5:42 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really enjoyed looking at your site, I found it very helpful indeed, keep up the good work.
»

 

Post a Comment

<< Home